.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

Bomb blasts rock London

Just came from watching the news, and I am still a bit in shock. Up to 7 explosions hit London today, some in the Underground and 2 in buses. Reports from the BBC and the ABC are of two deaths and at least 90 injured. A group allied with Al Queda has claimed responsibility.

We have friends in London and the UK, so far there has been no bad news from them. On behalf of all Australians, I'm sending our best wishes to the people of the UK.

Comments:
Thanks Ian. I really appreciate the concern. Luckily, nobody I know (so far) was been caught in the blasts this morning.

There are currently 33 fatalities but this may increase slightly as more information becomes available.

My deepest sympathies to the friends and family of those that died.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?