.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Registax 4 is out!!!

Registax 4 has been released. I have been using Registax 3 near continuously, and I am a big fan of this program. As soon as I found out I downloaded a copy (its free you know) and had a go.

The thing I wanted to try was the new multipoint alignment. This is supposed to give better images than the old single point alignment. The result of my testing is in the image. Left hand side single point, right hand side, multipoint. Both images are stacks of 30 images from the same AVI. The multipoint had five points of alignment. Both images were scaled to 200% and adjusted to 9.6 on the first wavelet transform. All other adjustments were the defaults for the program.

As you can see, there was not much difference (if any). Then again, I am using an elderly QuickCam, and doing unguided exposures, so I'm not surprised that I didn't get much benefit. So do try it yourself. It ran very nicely, and the controls were a joy to use, once you get used to the slightly different layout. If you are not using Registax, give it a go today. If you are a dedicated Registrax 3 user, give a whirl!

Comments:
WoooHooo! Thanks for the heads up! Hope all is well there!
 
Apart from Eldest One getting sunburnt when we went down the beach to make sandcastles, and Smallest One not liking daylight savings time. All is well, and the forecast for the Transit is good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?