.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Transit of Mercury Pictures

Mercury transits the Sun (click image to enlarge)

Well, I got my first pictures back of the transit. They came out reasonably well, but the scans to JPG didn't work so well. in this composite image you can see Mercury go from the centre of the Sum (it was nearly mid transit when the Sun got high enough over the roofs to image) to near the edge, about 40 minutes from egress. I'll have to wait before I develop the rest of my images, as I have about 10 shots left on the film.

On this film I discovered some Iridium flarres, a partial Lunar eclipse and an ISS transit. If I hadn't misplaced my astrodiary, I would know a lot more abourt these shots. Anyway, I'll share those images with you later.

Comments:
Wow! Looks like you got some good images there. And your action reporting was right on. Some parts of Earth were covered by clouds and I happened to be at one of those places.
Thanks for sharing the excitement and images.
--peter
 
Hiya Ian,
I'm compiling a list of sites with some decent pics of the transit for Astronomy WA and just wanted to let you know that currently your post is being included in that list, which will be going up on our site late Monday 13th Nov.
If for any reason you would like to be removed from this list, please let me know at wendy [at] scitech [dot] org [dot] au

(I'd have emailed but couldn't find a link here)

Cheers,
WW
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?